Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails...

That's what little boys are made of!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whew....

...What a busy past couple of weeks. Work has been crazy and so has just life in general. I made a big step a couple of weekends ago, I let Landon go off with someone who was not related to him. MiMi, his teacher at school, took him to the Zoo in Asheboro. They left around 730 am and returned late in the afternoon. Joey and I were able to get some cleaning done that day (mainly our junk room aka office). As soon as Landon got out of the car, he started running towards me saying "mommy, mommy, mommy, the elephants, they drink water." He was fascinated with the elephants and penguins. I wish I could have been there for that first trip to the zoo but MiMi took lots of pictures. Even now when you ask him about the zoo, he tells you that MiMi took him to see the elephants and that they were drinking water. Such a smart boy.

We went to Spring Hope this past weekend, Joey had gone fishing with "the boys." I am a baby and refuse to stay by myself, so my mom came and picked us up on Thursday evening and we spent the whole weekend in Spring Hope. I can't wait until we are moved up there, I miss it. I NEVER thought those words would come out of my mouth, I'm choking on them as I eat them. I guess having a kid changes your perspective on things a bit. Who would have thunk it?!?! I am having some pretty major hip surgery in May so we knew we had to move in with my mom just from the support aspect of things. I have a 3 month recovery time and we are going to need all the help we can get with Landon and myself. My dad is going to give my brother and I 31 acres of land so I feel like it just makes sense that we move and have TONS of land for my wild child to play on. I took this past Thursday off and gave the house a good cleaning. Joey is off on spring break this week so he is doing "man chores" this week. I'm hoping we can get our house on the market this weekend. So if anyone knows somebody looking a house in Mount Olive, I've got one for ya.

So I think Landon might be turning a new leaf on sleeping. The past two mornings, I have had to wake him up....that has not happened in several months, since we took the pacy away. It's amazing the things that I get excited about. I just hope it will last and I can actually sleep past 6am on the weekends. When I got home today he smelled like "dirty little boys." This is the first summer where he can actually play and get dirty outside and I can sure tell he plays hard at school. He is even getting a little farmers tan already. HaHa, I love it. I actually felt like I had to scrub him in the tub tonight. No more skipping baths, he actually deserves one now. He's 100% boy for sure.

This has been a bunch of rambling I know, I have lots on my mind and lots of changes about to happen in my life....new house, big surgery, new job....whew.....we'll make it though and what's meant to be will be. Until next time......



P.S How bout them DUKE BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment